Players and Sponsors Remember Great Golf Events!Contests and events will make your golf tournament exciting and more enjoyable for your participants. Not to mention, it is a great way to sell additional sponsorships. There are many different contests and events golfers can participate in during the course of play.
Hole-in-OneThis contest is held on a par 3. Prizes range from cash winnings to new automobiles and more. If a contestant makes a hole-in-one they win the prize offered at that hole. Some tournaments will have the prize donated from a local company. If your event cannot have the prize donated, have the hole-in-one contest guaranteed for the value of the prize. You can sell a hole-in-one sponsorship to cover these costs and add to your profit at the same time. The Golf Digest Tournament Shop offers many different hole-in-one packages to fit your budget.
ShootoutThe shootout is a new concept and a high profile event at golf tournaments everywhere. It works like this: one to four golfers are chosen to go back to the 9th or 18th fairway after golf has been completed. They may be chosen at random, or some events will choose the closest to the pin contest winners. Each of the golfers will have the chance to make a hole-in-one for a much larger prize than offered in the traditional hole-in-one contest. Prize values can be as high as $1,000,000!! This is a great opportunity to gather all the participants outside after golf and before the dinner/awards ceremony. This is another opportunity for a sponsor to gain tremendous exposure and for you to make more profit. The Golf Digest Tournament Shop offers many different shootout packages; all it takes is the click of a button.
Putting ContestA putting contest can be held before, during or after your golf tournament. The putting contest will serve as an additional fundraiser by charging the golfers for each attempt to qualify for the grand prize. Most putting contests offer a grand prize of $10,000. Putting contest prize packages can be purchased The Golf Digest Tournament Shop.
Longest DriveThe longest drive event will be the most recognizable contest to your golfers. Choose a hole that is long and fairly straight. The object is to hit the longest and straightest drive during the course of play. In order to win the contest, a golfer’s shot must be in the fairway when it comes to rest. A marker is provided by the golf course to mark the distance of the longest drive and identify the winner. You should have a contest for men and women and can have as many as 4 contest holes. 2 for men and 2 for women. Take advantage of the longest drive contest as an opportunity to sell sponsorships. Find these kinds of ready-made contests in The Golf Digest Tournament Shop.
Closest to the PinAlso held on a par 3, this contest can be run at the same time as your hole-in-one contest. The object is to be the golfer that hits the ball closest to the hole for the day. A marker will be provided by the golf course for golfers to identify the closest shot to the hole. It is a good idea to have a measuring tape near the green in case two shots are very close. There are typically 4 par 3s on a golf course. You can have 2 contests for men and 2 contests for women. Remember, the closest to the pin contest is also a great opportunity to sell a sponsorship and add to your profit. Visit the Golf Digest Tournament Shop to find the right package for your tournament.
This contest is held on a hole that is long and fairly straight. Draw a chalk line down the center of the fairway. The object is to be the golfer that hits the ball closest to the line. A marker will be provided by the golf course to identify the winner. This is another chance to sell a sponsorship and add to your profit.
The Golf Digest Planner and Golf Digest Tournament Shop will help you create a memorable event...
- We offer more than 11 hole in one prize packages that include travel, sporting events, cars and much more. These are great sponsorship opportunities and include full-color customized signs. Our packages are designed to give players a chance to win on every par 3 hole during your event.
- Who can forget taking a putt for $5,000 or a shot for $1 million? We have these and many other contests to add excitement to your event. All contests include full-color customized signs.
- Shop the Golf Digest Tournament Shop for the latest in player and sponsor gifts to show appreciation for their support - a gesture that will bring them back year after year..
- Set up your pairing lists with hole assignments right on-line with the ability to print an alphabetical list for easy check-in on event day.
- Send your golf course contact everything they need to be ready on event day, including a list of activities, signage and pairings list.
- See the table below for complete tournament packages starting as low as $595. Go to the Golf Digest Tournament Shop for more details.